Use this wiki to find job resources.
There is a separate section for INTERNSHIPS at the bottom.
Tip: Some of these sources are listservs, and some are websites that offer to automatically generate announcement messages for you. Early on in your academic program, start a folder or a specific tag in your favorite email interface (e.g., Gmail on the web, UGA webmail, Outlook, Mac Mail, etc.) where you can collect job announcements when you receive them. This will give you a chance to learn about what is "out there," to see different kinds of positions that exist, and to become familiar with the various ways job announcements and job descriptions are put together BEFORE you have to start job hunting in earnest.
Special ITForum Tip: Want to search for tips about interviewing for instructional designer positions? Go to the ITForum website: http://it.coe.uga.edu/itforum
Then click to go to the WWW Archive. This takes you to http://www.listserv.uga.edu/archives/itforum.html
(You can also go directly here if you want.)
You will need to create a login for the uga listserv website if you don't already have one. Then, when you click on "Search the archives," you will be prompted for your email address and password. (This site does not use the UGA MyID.)
Finally, try searching for messages that contained the word "question" and that contain "interview" in the subject line. Last I tried this, there were lots of results on this topic, including some from 2008-2010. You might also think of other ways to search.
Note: The ITForum listserv, with participants in our field from all over the world, was hosted on a UGA server from its inception until just a few years ago, when it was officially adopted as a communication service of the Association for Educational Communications & Technology (AECT). At that time, hosting was moved to the University of North Texas. Thus the archive at UGA doesn't include the most recent messages.?
Below is a table of LDT-related (or Instructional Technology related) jobs that was published in 2004 by some of our colleagues at Virginia Tech. The categories they came up with have remained remarkably stable over the years, in spite of all the technology changes:
- IDD Program Listserv - Note that one of your best sources is the IDD program listserv administered by Lloyd Rieber. If you are reading this page, you are probably already on the IDD listserv. If not, contact Lloyd Rieber ( email@example.com ) for details.
- ITForum Listserv http://it.coe.uga.edu/itforum/ This UGA-based listserv has active participation from IT professionals around the world. It was started by Lloyd Rieber in 1994, was rapidly adopted by others in the field, and continues quite strong in overall participation to this day. Although much more than a source of job announcements, participants often post available positions when they have them.
- HigherEdJobs.com http://www.higheredjobs.com
- TeachGeorgia http://www.teachgeorgia.org
- Gwinnett County Schools - Careers http://www.gwinnett.k12.ga.us/careers/careershr.nsf
- UGA Employment Information: http://www.hr.uga.edu/recruitment/employment/Employment.html
- UGA Career Center http://www.career.uga.edu/
- Association for Educational Communications & Technology (AECT) Online Career Center http://www.jobtarget.com/home/index.cfm?site_id=136
- American Society for Training & Development (ASTD) Career Center or Job Bank
- International Society for Performance Improvement (ISPI) Career Center http://www.jobtarget.com/home/index.cfm?site_id=2637
- Indeed.com http://www.indeed.com/
- Monster.com http://www.monster.com/
- Glassdoor.com http://www.glassdoor.com - This site provides a free, anonymous inside look into the salaries of different companies. Current and former employees can post information and reviews.
- Careerbuilder http://www.careerbuilder.com/
- Indiana University's Instructional Technology-Related Jobs Repository [http://www.trainingshare.com/resources/Job-search-Educational-Technology-and-Instructional-Technology.php ]
- Turner Broadcasting Jobs http://turnerjobs.com
- STONE Resource Group
9755 Dogwood Road
Roswell, GA 30075
- Staffing Resources 404-812-7007
- Axiom Staffing Group 770-817-4600
- TRC Staffing 770-879-9090
- Chase Staffing 404-442-9200
- Quest Financial LLC 770-255-0126
Some companies and organizations are known to offer internships from time to time. Sometimes these are paid internships, sometimes not. (This list needs to grow.)
State Farm Insurance -
Integrated Learning Services, Inc.
C: (678) 570-6525 | O/F: (678) 999-3961 | www.integratedlearnings.com
Rapid eLearning Design and Development
Tata Interactive Systems (unpaid internships)
"A learning solutions firm serving corporate, government and education clients with operations in North America, Europe, Australia, South Africa, Japan, the Middle East and India. Its solutions include single and multi-player simulations, serious games, electronic performance support systems, mobile learning, on-boarding, process, product and application training, software solutions, and animation."
Atlanta: 770.640.8012; Mobile: 678.778.7561
David E. Des Jardines (unpaid internships)-----------------
Electronic Information Manager
and Asst. Marketing Manager
University of Georgia Press
330 Research Drive
Athens, GA 30602-4901
tel 706-369-6159 / fax 369-6162
B E C K E R M U L T I M E D I A (unpaid internships)
Robert S. Becker, PhD
T: 312-788-7719. Skype: Beckermultimedia1